Sequestration Meal #424

 

More bowl presentation, because I couldn't help myself: Mashed potatoes, some greens, and a chickpea-mushroom cutlet with a lemon caper sauce. 

I wasn't in the mood for making my usual chickpea cutlets with gluten flour, so I went with these, loosely based on this recipe from Living Vegan. I have some nostalgia for that recipe because it was one of the ones I remember trying very early in my vegan life. Then, I made a mistake of just packing one for lunch with salad, realizing that was way too little food, and having to go buy fries. A co-worker looked at my lunch smugly and asked if it was "fake meat," and I said it was a chickpea cutlet I'd made myself; I don't think she ever commented on my food again. I have no idea why that stands out in my mind so much.

In any case, the ones I made here were really tasty! I was expecting to end up with two cutlets based on the ingredients I had on hand but I ended up with a bonus cutlet, so I'll get three meals out of this.

Meanwhile, mashed potatoes unquestionably make everything better!

Because there are lots of veggies in the cutlet, and because I didn't have anything calling to me otherwise, I just went with some spring mix for the pop of green here. It was a meal that satisfied the eyes and the tastebuds; a definite win-win.

Comments

  1. Hi! Jennifer here! Not sure what's happening with my browser but it's not showing as me. Sorry about that. Your cutlet - very nice! And very nice plate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably got logged out somehow. Good to see you!

      Delete
    2. (From Jennifer)...
      It's weird...it won't even give me the option to log in or anything.

      Delete
    3. I think the Google update doesn't get along with my theme. I responded to another comment of yours with instructions for how to find it. But I'll see if I can adjust the theme to make things more visible!

      Delete
  2. I wish co workers would keep their mouths shut about our food. I don't comment on their food. Anyways, hurrah for a getting a bonus cutlet out of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given COVID, nobody has actually seen me eat in years! So not a thing to worry about these days.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts