Lunchbots Quad #20

 


A small snacky but satisfying lunch: The little cup has everything bagel seasoning for the cucumber spears, and there are some tomato-flavored lentil crisps, Yves veggie ham and non-dairy cream cheese pinwheels, Biscoff sandwich cookies, and a bit of dark chocolate with almonds and sea salt.

I didn't have very much energy when I packed lunch on this morning, but I didn't want to make a sandwich for whatever reason. I think the white bread I bought for my tea party is delicious but it also doesn't make me feel very good and I do wonder how much impact it has had on my energy levels. Bodies are mysterious and mine is extremely mysterious, but I'm pretty sure my body doesn't like it when I eat white bread very often. (This is sad. I love white bread.) I don't really think tortillas should be all that different but for whatever reason they seem to be. In any case, this was a nice lunch.

Comments

  1. It looks like a very fun lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different flours have different protein contents (among white flours), and cooking prep can make a difference in resistant vs. not resistant starch (which your guts care about, for better or for worse), and it's possible there are minor ingredients in the white bread that your body objects to (tortillas are usually pretty short on ingredients, so I'd assume that they don't have something in them that makes your guts have an easier time?). And those are just the things I know about! Historically, there were theories about some people not being able to digest fresh, yeast-raised bread and I have no idea what the deal was with that. But yes. It's all a bit weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know who you are (I think) and I know what you mean! It seems to be less about my guts per se and more about my muscles, and I think I owe this blog a myasthenia gravis update to explain all that.

      Delete
  3. (From Jennifer)...
    Great lunch! FUN, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts