Sequestration Meal #430

 


While leeks are in season, I'm trying to explore them more. I've rarely bought leeks but that needs to change! This was a recipe I'd been meaning to try for about a month before I got to it: Lemon pasta with peas and charred leeks from Short Girl Tall Order. Although it wasn't quite saucy enough for me--let's face it, most things aren't!--it was a really delicious, simple meal. The leeks baked up perfectly in the time it took to cook the pasta and the sauce, and they really do add a great depth of flavor (especially with the optional red pepper flakes, which I did add). The suggestion to add non-dairy Parmesan is also one I recommend following.

The pasta itself was a "protein plus" kind that has plant-based protein powder infused into it, but still has wheat in it--it's not a gluten free pasta, so this worked well as a meal with the peas to add a bit more protein--no need for additional sources this time. 

In any case, this was pretty great! Leeks will be in season again in the fall; I look forward to trying them out again then.

Comments

  1. I enjoy leeks, but I definitely don't use them enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those ingredients that doesn't often turn up in recipes and I don't feel I know it well enough to just plunge forth on my own. But I'm hoping someday I'll get enough confidence about it to use it more.

      Delete
  2. (From Jennifer)...

    Another goodie right here and another dish I would gladly scarf down if I was your neighbor and able to raid your frig!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts