Sequestration Meal #426

 


I'm so glad I bought dill; it's been giving me so much joy! Here I have crispy tofu with lemon dill cream sauce (in theory--I'll say more about that below), carrot orzo, and a mushroom-arugula sauté.

I didn't realize the coconut milk I'd bought wasn't proper coconut milk--it wasn't labeled as "light," but it was definitely not creamy and it didn't have enough calories per serving to be anything less. So my sauce was less creamy than watery. But that's okay; it still tasted good, even if it wasn't as rich. The recipe is from Rabbit and Wolves, and I was happy to make it on a chilly spring staycation day when the forecast was for heavy rain. Having the oven on was no problem and me staying home puttering in the kitchen was also fine. It lives up to its promises--it's delightfully lemony and the dill really adds another layer of flavor, plus the method for breading the tofu not only worked very easily (I sometimes struggle to get breading to stick to stuff), but also crisped up beautifully in the oven. I would make this again with proper coconut milk, but I was still very satisfied as it was.

(I will make secondary complaints about products not labeling themselves properly, but you live and learn.)

The orzo is veganized from this recipe at Unwritten Recipes. I used Violife Parmesan, Earth Balance, and chicken-style veggie broth. It made for a somewhat creamy pasta dish, a tiny bit like risotto. It went really well with this meal.

Because I had arugula and a few mushrooms to use up, I took inspiration from Alysha the Kitchenologist and made a quick sauté, but I only made enough for a single serving. The red pepper flakes were a great addition. It was a light, peppery veggie that complimented everything else really well.

I hope someday I feel like the world is stable enough to let me go on a real vacation, but while it isn't I am content to take the best care of myself I can to let go of all the stresses of my day job. This meal is evidence of an effort that I believe paid off.

Comments

  1. Looks like you are having some fun food times on your staycation. I LOVE dill, it is my very favourite herb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (From Jennifer)...

    You HAD me at Crispy Tofu and Dill!
    YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts