Sequestration Meal #431

 


This is kind of a food prep meal. Probably, one should eat these fritters with other things, but I made what I made and decided it was good enough. These are the broccoli chickpea fritters from Cooking for Peanuts. I made my own ranch dip to go with them, rather than following the original recipe; that's mostly because I tend to just wing my ranch dips. But the listed ingredients are more less what mine would be anyway.

I didn't put the optional vegan cheese in the batter, and I didn't miss it--these were delicious as they were. I am not surprised, since they are made of chickpea flour and fried, and both of those things almost always promise absolute deliciousness. There are definitely ways you could make these more complex, but sometimes one just needs to have some food. So broccoli and chickpeas held together in a chickpea flour batter and fried, then dipped in ranch, it is!

I made this with soy milk so it is not tagged soy free; you could easily make this Top 8 Allergen Free by using another plant milk (like rice milk). It is nut free and gluten free anyway.

It's also pretty cheap--chickpeas, chickpea flour, broccoli, and soy milk are all inexpensive things. A bonus these days!

Comments

  1. (From Jennifer)...

    This looks and sounds amazing. I really would LOVE a bunch of it right now. A Vegan Comfort Meal for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts