Sequestration Meal #641

 


Here we have tofu broccoli pasta (recipe from She Likes Food), steamed carrots with an improvisational orangey glaze, and corn sauteed with bell peppers and onions. (It's all about the colors, right?)

Confession time: I made this pasta recipe because I had half a block of tofu to use up and not a whole lot of energy. I didn't expect much from it. I expected it to be pretty bland, because you don't have to marinate the tofu ahead of time, and the pasta sauce is basically just olive oil and some seasonings. I was totally misguided, because this is amazing pasta. I used Barilla Protein+ penne to amp up the protein, and this was really satisfying.

For the carrots, I just mixed some vegan butter, brown sugar, orange juice, and seasoned salt, and tossed that with the carrots before adding a bit of fresh parsley. I've definitely made better orange glazed carrots, but sometimes, one is in a hurry, you know? They did their job and I'm glad I had them.

I don't know why I was in the mood for corn, but I was; because I used red bell pepper that meant I added another pop of color, too. I was happy with this meal, but what's not to like, really?

Comments

  1. Tofu and broccoli are an idea combination in my mind, so marking down this pasta recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts