Sequestration Meal #645

 

You know how sometimes you just want carbs? Okay, maybe just me. I found a recipe for cheesy scalloped potatoes involving both chickpeas and soy milk in the sauce, though, which balanced the proteins out. (If you're curious, this is the recipe.) While I had the oven on anyway, I roasted some broccoli seasoned with nutritional yeast to add a bit more protein. Finally, I steamed a carrot to make the plate more colorful, and because I love carrots.

This was fine. The potatoes are much more of a side than a main, though, even for me, so for the leftovers, I added some veggie sausages.

We can't win every time. But it is definitely oven weather, and for that I am so grateful! 

Comments

  1. I definitely understand the desire to just eat carbs. Especially potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably more into noodles and rice than potatoes, but potatoes ARE amazing!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts