Sequestration Meal #648

 


I made this on a cozy, rainy day, and it was perfect: Red lentil and quinoa soup (recipe from Yay for Food) with my best approximation of Tuscan-style herbed bread. My bread spread out rather than really going up, though, so they seem more like breadsticks. Oh, well.

This soup was so soothing, and pretty easy to make. I may be weird, but I absolutely adore the time of year when having the oven on and/or simmering a soup on the stove keeps me warm. I love that we're having this reprieve from the harshness of the sun and the heavy heat that drives my electric bills up and makes me want nothing but sandwiches. And given how the climate is changing, to me, fall is all the more precious, because I don't know what things will be like when we're all older.

So for now, here's to crusty bread to dip into a pretty soup, a just-spicy-enough bowl of lentils and quinoa and veggies, that somehow makes everything seem so much better.

Comments

  1. This looks perfect. We have had some cooler days here, after some stinking hot ones, and I am enjoying the brief reprieve before summer hits hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer is such a challenge for me. But: Think of the stone fruits and berries!

      Delete
    2. Yes... focus on those apricots that will soon by mine.

      Delete
    3. That reminds me of a recipe I want to try (involving canned apricots)!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts