Sequestration Meal #646

 


I had other plans, but my energy levels had plunged, so I made something easier. (Easier. Not easy. I mean, it wasn't hard, but also: This is at least a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. I am not one of those people who doesn't recognize that easy should be easy.) This is linguine in a butternut squash cashew cream sauce, mushrooms sauteed with spinach, and onions and peppers.

This was my favorite meal of the week. It wasn't the butternut squash steaks and creamy spinach pasta I'd planned to make, but I didn't have the stamina for that this time. I steamed the butternut squash and blended it up with cashews, soy milk, and seasonings, added that to cooked linguine, and topped it with flaky salt, crushed red pepper flakes, and a squeeze of fresh lemon. It was much quicker and less involved than my original plan, but still satisfying.

These are also two of my favorite no-brainer veggie sides, which I can cook in my sleep at this point. They were perfect with this.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Although I've made better things, it definitely worked! And I have extra I can use in a casserole or something later.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts