Sequestration Meal #642

 


I was really eager for cooler weather in part so I could make meals just like this! Shells stuffed with cashew-tofu ricotta, butternut squash, and spinach in a butternut squash sauce (recipe from the Simple Veganista); green beans with peppers (recipe from Italian Food Forever), and garlic mushrooms with leeks (recipe from Curious Flavors). Really, what more can you want in early fall?

The shells were really delicious. The sauce was surprisingly good considering it was mostly just roasted squash (but really I should not have been surprised; roasted butternut squash is delicious, obviously). I made my go-to ricotta recipe (from From My Bowl), so I knew we were off to a good start. I boiled extra shells in case some broke, but I somehow managed not to break any of them, so I guess Wegmans brand shells are particularly good or something? Anyway, it was perfect.

I could have let the shells stand alone as a meal, but I can't seem to get away from my relatively recent habit of trying to include multiple veggie sides with every main. I also love getting in more colors and textures. Here, I had both peppers and leeks that really needed using, plus mushrooms and green beans on hand, so here was the result. 

The green beans and peppers were kind of more trouble than I would generally want to spend--boil, chill, then sauté--but I could modify this to simplify it another time. But I did enjoy them; they were nothing remarkable but a fine side for this meal.

The mushrooms and leeks were really good! But we already knew I love mushrooms and keep sneaking them in everywhere, so... Leeks, on the other hand, I don't eat nearly as often as I should. Not enough recipes call for leeks. Send me yours if you have any recipes that are leek-heavy!

Can you overdose on mushrooms? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comments

  1. It depends on what mushrooms you are talking about. LOL. But as for the regular edible kind (the only kind I am familiar with), I believe that the limit does not exist! Mushrooms forever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts