Sequestration Meal #644

 


I am not a leafy salad person, really, but there was a meeting at work where lunch was provided and they'd deliberately gotten me a vegan lunch. I had a lunch packed for myself, so I took the lunch they were giving me and then, secretly, ate what I packed in my car and saved the bag lunch for later. I want to encourage them to continue to get the vegan options, even when I don't need one on the specific day; also, this meant I wouldn't have to cook for a meal or two.

It was a huge salad. This is only about 3/4 of it. And it was delicious, somehow, even though I was not expecting much. I did make some alterations, chopping up the things that were in big pieces (some huge, thick slices of cucumber and avocado both got chopped up). The dressing seems to have been a balsamic vinaigrette, which went really well with everything else.

It was called a "crudite salad," and I don't know what that was supposed to mean, really, but hey: Free lunch! That was actually yummy! I still have a can of ginger ale and a container of a separate, not-leafy chickpea salad left, too. (I confess that I ate the dessert, not pictured, in my car the day they gave it to me, but it was delicious.)

Comments

  1. i am so impressed that your work made such an effort to provide you with a good alternative. The salad looks so much better than the bland iceberg lettuce salads or soggy sandwiches that are perhaps more typical. Plus to actually have a vegan dessert - Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They chose a caterer that doesn't usually cater our meetings--but it was a definite upgrade from a roll filled with cold grilled squash!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Some sort of lemony square, but creamy and soft. It had a graham cracker-type crust. I have no idea. But it was good!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts