Dinner Bowl #24

 


Here we have what might seem to be a strange combination, but I loved it: A cucumber-spinach sandwich with butternut squash zuppa Tuscana (recipe from The First Mess).

I originally had planned to have garlic toast made from some crusty bread I had in my freezer, but the cucumber was calling to me. I'm so glad I answered! It was so refreshing!

As for the soup, it likely has nothing to do with what Tuscans eat in Italy, but it was delicious, so who cares? As I lean into fall, having a butternut squash-kale soup in a creamy broth with sausage is emotionally satisfying, too. I don't know what stroke of genius made anyone put sun dried tomatoes in soup, but the flavors were astounding. I used Tofurky Italian sausage here, but I think I would be likely to prefer a meatier kind, like Beyond or Impossible, next time. But this is the kind of thing that does suggest there should be a next time!

Comments

  1. This looks so delicious and so comforting! That soup looks absolutely perfect, i definitely need to make a pot of soup this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts