Dinner Plate #5

 


I had planned to make this before dark, but life happens and here we are with some terrible lighting! But good food. I made a whole wheat pizza crust and topped it with some spinach ricotta I made (from my usual recipe with tofu and cashews, but doctored up a bit more this time), sauteed leeks, roasted butternut squash, mushrooms, and vegan mozzarella.

Usually, I want a green salad with pizza, but I had no lettuce. But my neighbor had gone out of town and told me to pick the tomatoes when they were ripe, so I had one very pretty tomato, and I made a quick marinated tomato salad. It was very good, though I probably would have been just as happy with a sliced tomato side on its own.

I missed the crunchy green salad here--I rarely want green salad, but sometimes one surprises oneself--but I was otherwise satisfied with this.

Comments

  1. Yum, that pizza looks delicious!! Spinach ricotta sounds like such a nice topping idea. The tomato salad looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So nice to get a really fresh tomato in the fall, isn't it?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts