Low Bowl #17

 


This is easier than it looks to pull together: Brown rice, gochujang mushrooms (recipe from Budget Bytes), cauliflower leaf stir fry (recipe veganized from V for Veggy), some prepackaged vegan bulgogi strips, a cucumber-carrot salad (recipe from Sprinkled with Balance), and Korean-style beet salad (recipe from Lavender & Macarons).

This was a case of lowering my effort slightly and spreading it out, so I don't feel like all my meals are sandwiches and noodles (honestly, a lot of them are...). I prepped the salads ahead of time and I used canned beets this time rather than roasting my own. it wasn't as good having canned beets instead of fresh, but it was still fine and added color and flavor to the meal. I'm not sure I would do it again that way, but I don't regret doing it that way this time. I added the cucumber to the carrot-cucumber salad just before eating, so it would stay nice and green, but the other things I prepped ahead, too.

So really, when making this meal itself, the primary thing I had to do was to start the brown rice in the rice cooker, slice the veggies, and then cook everything up. When it was almost done, I heated the bulgogi in the microwave. When plated, I garnished with sesame seeds, scallions, and (for the rice) everything bagel seasoning.

Is it an easy easy meal? No. but it's definitely easier than a lot of things I do, and it's still able to hit the spot in a way that an easy easy meal wouldn't have on this day.

One step at a time...and now I have leftovers!

Comments

Popular Posts