10 Vegan Breakfast Ideas (Compilation #47)

Hey! It's morning! And winter is slowly making its exit, maybe! While we await all the spring goodies, it's time to enjoy the heck out of the sturdy greens, root veggies, and citrus fruits that have seen us through winter. Sound dull? I promise you it is anything but boring!

1. Kale Tofu Scramble with Oven Sweet Potato Fries (Gluten Free, Nut Free)


Although I'm more likely to have JUST Egg or a chickpea flour scramble these days, I was just in the mood for tofu scramble one recent morning. I roughly based this meal on a recipe at Fat Free Vegan, but I used olive oil in both the fries and to cook the veggies for the scramble. I also added a side of some spicy ketchup, which definitely added a lot to this meal. My favorite item here was the sweet potato fries--so easy to make in the oven, and so satisfying!

2. Spiced Beet Latte (Gluten Free, Nut Free)


This is a bright and beautiful way to start the day! I used a recipe from Del's Cooking Twist for this, made with soy milk and agave. Although I'm not great at latte art, I still think this was a pretty good attempt! The flavor of this is pretty earthy; I found that I liked it better with an extra teaspoon of agave.

3. Hazelnut Butter and Banana Toast


This isn't that exciting to look at, but it is my usual treatment for my first crack at a new-to-me nut butter, and I really enjoyed it! It's self-explanatory: Toast bread, spread on some hazelnut butter, add sliced bananas, eat. If you haven't had true hazelnut butter--which doesn't involve chocolate and lots of sugar--give this a try.

4. Apple Butter Pancake with Peanut Butter Syrup


Even though I would eat practically anything drenched in homemade peanut butter syrup, this is still a great breakfast option with or without that! The recipe for these apple butter pancakes is from Hidden Fruits and Veggies. It uses both apple cider and apple butter for an intense apple flavor, without having to peel and chop anything. I used soy milk rather than almond to boost the protein, as well as adding peanut butter syrup. I also drank a big glass of soy milk with my pancakes, because peanut butter syrup practically demands that. This was incredibly satisfying.

5. Vanilla Sugar Broiled Grapefruit (Gluten Free, Nut Free, Soy Free)


Broiled grapefruit is a time-honored winter breakfast option, but have you tried it with vanilla? This recipe from Uproot Kitchen is easy enough, and the vanilla brings intrigue to the table.

6. Carrot Apple Smoothie (Gluten Free, Nut Free)


This recipe is from Natural Nurturer. I made the suggested swap of applesauce for the fresh apple and made it with soy milk. It's a lovely shade of orange, and has a slight carrot flavor, but nothing too pronounced. It's a nice, sweet accompaniment for a slice of toast with nut or seed butter or a muffin.

7. Clementine Cranberry Baked Oats (Gluten Free, Soy Free, Nut Free Option)



I veganized this recipe from The Kitchen & Beyond. It doesn't look like much, but it's pretty great! It uses dried cranberries and clementine juice for its fruity flavor. I made it with coconut milk and coconut oil, but if you need to avoid coconut, you could substitute oat milk and vegetable oil. For the eggs, I substituted some JUST Egg, but a flax egg would likely work just as well. (I had a bottle of JUST Egg opened and needed to use it, or I would have used a flax egg--much more economical.)

8. Creamy Poppy Seed Winter Fruit Salad (Gluten Free) 


I shared a recipe for this salad with you recently. Try it before winter ends, or try the dressing with summer fruits later on. On some mornings, I love a big bowl of fruit with a soy milk and Cafix latte.

9. Marmalade and Dark Chocolate Muffins


This recipe from Food with Feeling sounded perfect for a wintery morning, and it did not disappoint! Interestingly enough, I went looking for a marmalade muffin recipe when I found a reference to marmalade muffins in a historical document. (What I eat is occasionally inspired by historical people--it's an occupational hazard.) Well, those historical people were on to something. This modern recipe adds chocolate chips for a truly decadent version. I used dark chocolate chips and substituted soy milk for the almond milk, and I cut it in half to make five muffins instead of ten. I also used a mixture of half all purpose flour and half whole wheat to substitute for the whole wheat pastry flour. I really loved this with some fruit and a soy latte one lazy morning.

10. Sweet Potato, Apple, and Kale Hash with Caramelized Onions (Gluten Free, Soy Free, Nut Free Option)


Although I didn't tag this as nut free because it uses coconut oil, most nut allergies don't involve coconut from what I understand. But if you want something other than coconut oil, try canola, and I'm pretty confident it will work out just as well. The recipe is from Paleo Running Mama. I subbed some garlic powder, onion power, and cinnamon for the recommended breakfast spice blend, but otherwise made it as written. It was delightful! I had a veggie sausage patty, a JUST Egg scramble, and a Cafix latte to round out the meal.


I definitely found ways to enjoy myself this winter! And spring is coming. It'll be fun to see what I come up with to greet the new season. What breakfasts do you think are good for spring?

Comments

  1. This is a fantastic round up! I especially am drawn to the smoothie and the muffins. And I think your beetroot latte looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beets are so underappreciated! The longer I'm vegan the more I love veggies of all sorts.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts