Sequestration Meal #550

 


I still had some burger buns to use up, and I had some Good Catch plant-based salmon burgers to try, so this meal is a no-brainer: A "salmon" burger with homemade vegan remoulade sauce, lettuce, tomato, and red onion, with a side of tater tots with ketchup.

I will put a full review of the salmon burger patties in a round up soon, but for now I'll say I want to try baking them rather than cooking them on the stove, because the patty stuck firm to my skillet in a really discouraging way. And it ended up softer than I would like and I wonder if baking it would firm it up. But it did very strongly remind me of salmon, with a great fishy texture (from beans--isn't the world remarkable?). I wouldn't get these patties that often given the cost, but they were in my freezer after being purchased in a moment of weakness, and I'm glad I got to eat one.

Comments

  1. Thinking about it, in the plethora of burger options here, I don't know that there are any fishy-style patties. Definitely crumbed sticks and fillets. Though I don't really like most vegan fishy things, so there may be some that have escaped my notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only one I've ever seen. It's fine, but not my absolute favorite thing in the world. Not surprising! In my pre-vegan life, I preferred beef or chicken burgers, and now, I prefer the dupes of those things.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts