What I Ate in a Day #22

 One good thing about Daylight Saving Time (which I do generally hate conceptually!) is that suddenly I have evening light for dinner photos and taking you through my whole day is a lot easier.



On this day--a weekday I was working from home--I began with a breakfast of a white chocolate macadamia coconut energy bite, hot spiced orange juice, and farina made with soy milk and topped with some vegan butter. By the time I took the photo, all my butter had melted, but it still looks good to me. This is a colorless meal in some respects, but it was so satisfying.

Here I'm working with what I've got and avoiding feeling deprived, with a spicy peanut salad and some veggie gyoza. After this I decided this was not enough gyoza and I pulled out another serving (which finished off the bag in my freezer). I enjoyed my lunch.

For a snack, I made some rooibos tea and had it with a graham cracker, chocolate hazelnut spread, and marshmallow ice cream topping sandwich. Don't knock that until you've tried it; it's a lazy vegan's s'more and it was just perfect.


Dinner was leftover "magic" red lentil soup and the last two of my savory zucchini muffins. This, too, was intensely satisfying. Did I add too much cilantro? All a matter of perspective; I enjoyed it!

Not pictured, I had a multivitamin and an algae-based DHA supplement, some herbal tea, and, just before bed, a bit of dark chocolate.


Comments

  1. Can you have too much coriander?? I think that looks like an excellent amount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite ever tabbouleh (or however one wants to spell it) was a solid 50-60% cilantro, with the remainder being tomato, cous cous, and onion, in that order. It was soooo gooooood and, retrospectively, since I always liked more cilantro with everything, that I probably should have bought cilantro for home use and not exclusively for parties. (I did try growing it, but it bolted before it really got anywhere, sigh.) Now, alas, leafy veggies are one of the things my GI system largely prohibits, and also they have gobs of oxalate, but still: coriander, so good. And as long as you have something else with it that you can alternate the flavor with, capacities may be nearly unlimited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried so hard to like tabbouleh! But I haven't actually made it myself and maybe that's the problem. I should probably try that.

      Delete
    2. There are so many delicious foods in the world. Especially if you have tried multiple versions of a thing (not just repeatedly trying a Sad Cafeteria Version) - eh, there are other foods, eat all the other foods instead? (if you lived somewhere that tabbouleh was a staple, that would make things different but... eh. You might like it if the grains were cooked more; you might like it if the grains were cooked less; you might like it with a slightly different dressing, or a different cilantro proportion, or at a different temperature, but if you do not have a significant reason to find an acceptable version of tabbouleh, instead of "you should try all possible permutations in case there is a tabbouleh you do not actively dislike!" I would probably say "call it a day" and go for other foods instead.)(this conclusion partly reached by way of homemade whole wheat pita bread, which... is just as dry and not-my jam as grocery store pita bread, but a whole lot more work. So many wonderful flatbreads I love - even some pitas - I do not need to try to figure out how to make a whole wheat pocket pita that I like, I can just eat one of any of the others!)

      Delete
  3. (oh, also: does briefly nuking the not-a-smore have positive smoresy effects, or does it just make it more prone to falling/squising apart?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried, but it's so gooey and drippy anyway I'm afraid of what might happen if I did!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts