Sequestration Meal #553

 


It's pineapple season. Are you excited? I built a whole meal around them! So what we have here is pineapple-cucumber salad (recipe veganized from Belly Full), carrot-celery slaw (recipe from I Heart Umami), and something called bulgogi soy curls (recipe from Connoisseurus Veg) with rice and a couple of veggie gyoza I had in my freezer.

Fresh pineapple is always so exciting to me, even more so because now I pretty much never buy it out of season. So I've been waiting quite a while for this deliciousness! This recipe is great--sweet, spicy, and juicy. I just subbed some vegan honey for the honey; the rest of it was already vegan.

The carrot-celery slaw was easy and pretty great, too! Celery is basically a year-round food, and nice and cheap. So are carrots. This is budget food without feeling like one is depriving oneself of stuff.

The soy curls aren't bulgogi--gochujang doesn't belong in bulgogi--but they were tasty and I enjoyed them. All in all, a victory in these frustrating times.

As always, if you need to avoid gluten, ensure your soy sauce is gluten free. I tagged this as gluten free because it so easily can be, but it also so easily can have gluten. Take care of yourselves!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Alas, by now I have eaten all of my pineapple and need to get more!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts