Monbento Original #63

 


I wasn't as keen on cooking over the weekend as I usually am, but I made a plan anyway and it generally worked out! Here we have a spicy peanut salad (romaine, shredded carrots, scallions, fresh mint, fresh cilantro, and chopped peanuts with a homemade spicy peanut dressing) inspired by a recipe at BravaBod, some cucumber-and-Daiya swiss sandwich fingers, freeze-dried bananas and strawberries, a Nutter Butter cookie, and some dark chocolate hiding under the cookie.

I've recently figured out that one of the reasons I'm not keen on leafy salads most of the time is that I'm not fond of the dressings we tend to find, or at least not fond enough to seek them out. But I do like them better with creamier dressings, rather than oily or acidic (or both) dressings. I used more peanut butter in the dressing than the BravaBod one would have me do and left out the vegetable oil, and thinned it out with some soy sauce and water in addition to the liquids the recipe called for. Now this is a salad I can get behind!

Well, sort of. I'll probably never be someone who craves salad every day. But it's nice to try to enjoy a salad when I can. What salad dressings do you like?

Comments

  1. I am not a fan of most oil based dressings, as my body has a low tolerance for too much oil. But I do love a vinegar dressing or a creamy dressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes just have veggies with no dressing, or add avocado and a squeeze of lemon. Interesting how many routes there are to making a salad!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts