Sequestration Meal #555

 


Here we have a few things that I wasn't sure would go together, but ended up being really great: so-called "magic" red lentil soup (recipe from Dishing Up the Dirt) and a savory zucchini and carrot muffin (recipe veganized from Curated Life Studio).

I actually made the soup because I concluded I needed to get some parsnips and do something with them, since I really don't use parsnips and I don't know why other than I just didn't grow up with them. So I found this recipe that had some parsnip in it and I had the other ingredients so why not? I don't know if the parsnips are why (I suspect probably not, because there is so much goodness here), but this was a delicious soup. I love lentils.

As for the muffins, I don't even know why exactly I bought zucchini out of season like this other than that it was one of the cheapest veggies available to me. And really, zucchini is available year-round at a good price, so maybe I shouldn't be depriving myself of them until high summer. I love zucchini. And in high summer, I don't get the full benefit of zucchini, because I don't want the oven on. The recipe was already vegan except for the cheese, so I swapped Daiya and it was fine! There are carrots in the soup and in the muffins and maybe that's redundant but hey, it worked out.

Comments

  1. I like parsnips, but I also don't eat them enough. I have been playing Stardew Valley a lot recently and am currently in spring in the game and growing parsnips, so that has made me think about them a lot more. They should be coming into season here in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People keep recommending Stardew Valley to me and that reminds me that I was going to try that soon--thanks for the reminder! I have a few parsnip recipes on my list to try, meanwhile, so stay tuned.

      Delete
    2. Stardew Valley is very cute but also I have developed a deep obsession with it that sometimes mean I play it several hours a day... so beware! LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts