Sequestration Meal #544

 


Here we have what has become a regular in my rotation: A quesadilla made from Daiya cheddar shreds, refried beans, Mexican mushrooms, and Spanish rice, with Tofutti sour cream and cilantro sprinkled over everything.

The Mexican mushrooms are from my usual standby recipe from Muy Delish. This time I didn't cut it in half and found that with that many mushrooms they got a lot more watery, so I had to cook them down with the lid off for a while, but they were still delicious.

I seem to always use a different recipe for Mexican/Spanish rice. This one is from Earth Blokes. I chose this mostly because it was an easy recipe, and I was not prepared to cook all afternoon. I was skeptical of the carrots, but they turned out to be a really great addition.

When I need comfort food, I often go Mexican. (Or Anglo-Mexican, perhaps?) This meal really did its job, but I pretty much knew it would--it always does!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts