Sequestration Meal #552

 


Believe it or not, I made this to avoid cooking something that would have leftovers: Mashed potatoes with non-dairy sour cream and chives, a Gardein vegan turkey roast, and broccoli. I've been realizing I'm happier throughout the week when I let myself have some one-run-only meals, and not all of those have to be peanut butter ramen.

The potatoes were great, but they clashed with the roast, because the stuffing turned out to be pretty sweet. But I did finish this off and felt satisfied, which is a win of sorts.

You'll see this on St. Patrick's Day. I bought the stuff to have a version of the traditional (American) corned beef and cabbage with potatoes and carrots, but I wasn't in the mood yet. So I'll be eating it, just not in alignment with the holiday. I am who I am; I'm learning it's best not to fight myself.

Comments

  1. Good for you! I have definitely gotten better at listening to myself about what I want to eat rather than what I think I have to eat because it is a particular food-related day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts