Sequestration Meal #548

 


As we're making our way through late winter, a reminder: You can still get all sorts of colorful food in the cold! Here is some cheesy quinoa with broccoli and chickpeas (recipe from Zen & Zaatar), sauteed red cabbage (recipe from Food Network), and steamed carrots to which I added some margarine, seasoned salt, and dried parsley.

I have made this quinoa before; I still love it. It's easy, protein-packed, and delicious. This cabbage was easier than my usual standby recipe, too; I still prefer the braised cabbage and apples I usually make, but on this night, it was just what I needed. It's still tasty! I just missed the apples. And carrots are probably my absolute favorite veggie, so there will never be any complaints about that!

This is, however, much lower in calories than I typically want for a meal, which means I had to have a mug cake afterward.  But I would never complain about that, either!

Comments

  1. This looks like glorious colourful cold weather comfort food. And such a shame you had to finish it off with a mug cake. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts