Sequestration Meal #546

 


Although my mainstay of my diet in my first year of veganism was veggie burgers, I haven't made one in nearly two years! I think it's because of some changes to my routine that make me tend to want to cook meals with leftovers on the weekends, that I then eat through the week. But I had started to really crave a burger, so I decided that this week one of my meals-on-rotation would be a burger and tater tots.

So here we have one of my favorite kinds of burger--vegan Big Mac sauce, shredded lettuce, finely chopped red onion, and sliced dill pickle go with a store brand veggie burger patty and some Daiya cheese on a plain white bun (because that was the vegan one the store had). And tater tots, baked to crispy perfection, alongside some ketchup.

There is something so nostalgic and comforting in a burger. As my meals go, they're somewhere in the middle of the effort spectrum--certainly not the simple grab-it-on-the-way-home kind of meal that they were in my life before veganism--between ramen and a more typical weekend meal prepping dinner. Eating them through the week will therefore be more weeknight effort than I usually would put in. But I shredded some extra lettuce and I have more of the burger sauce I made waiting in the fridge, so that lowers the bar quite a bit.

A note to self: Meal prep can be whatever you need it to be. Here's to burgers!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts