Dinner Bowl #15

 

I had bought some vegan hamburger patties that were way too much for me to handle as a burger (I apparently can't digest something with that much fat now), so I am using them up by having them with noodles, cut in half and covered in vegan mushroom gravy. This is served here with steamed broccoli.

The gravy recipe is from Vegan Richa. It was a truly delicious sauce, and it went super well with these things.

I don't know what has happened to me in general, but I'm trying to calm my digestive system down a bit, and apparently my body is more okay with this version of the burgers than the whole one on a bun.

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry you're dealing with digestive system issues, it's such an uncomfortable thing to have to go through! I'm glad you found such a delicious way to eat the burgers without experiencing discomfort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's usually not that bad at all, but something about the unusually high fat content that my body just didn't want to deal with. I am reminded of something someone much older told me when I was in my 20s: "Someday, you will suddenly realize, 'I have eaten my last slice of pizza.'" I don't know if I'll have to give up things in that sense, categorically, but fortunately there are ways to re-envision just about anything. Also fortunately, these are lessons that veganism taught me, so I don't have a problem re-envisioning how to have what I want.

      Delete
    2. I definitely know how that goes. I swear I hit 40 amd my body has been rebelling against me ever since 😅 but I agree, since being vegan I feel like I can adapt to dietary changes pretty easily.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts