Dinner Bowl #16

 


I had a coupon for some mixed grains (various kinds of rice with some pearled wheat, it turned out to be), which was the basis for this using-what's-there meal with some green beans with mushrooms and tomatoes (recipe from My Recipes) and tomatoey white beans with spinach (recipe from the Grateful Grazer, following the vegan suggestions and substituting spinach for the kale).

The grain mix is a nod to my efforts to have something that might be more nutritionally sound than plain white rice. It was fine, but not something I'm too excited about. To be fair, I don't know if I'd be excited by plain white rice, either. But it's good in a bowl like this with other things.

The green beans were fine and used up other things in the fridge. It's a pretty easy recipe to make. My mushrooms were a little past their prime, so I imaging this would be better if one made it with fresher mushrooms, but still good enough.

The beans? This is one of my favorite bean recipes ever. I've made all sort of variations of a garlicky white beans and spinach dish, but I think the nutritional yeast and tomato paste really elevated this to something special. I will definitely be making that again!

Comments

  1. Yummmmmmm! I have to make those green beans, they look amd sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have balsamic vinegar, so you know they're going to be good!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts