What I Ate in a Day #39

 


I hate summer, but I love stone fruit and berries! Heat makes me cranky. So to lure myself out of bed, I promised myself a produce-heavy breakfast. Here, I have a fruit plate of fresh peach slices, plumcot slices, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, and pitted cherries. With that, I had a grain coffee soy latte, avocado-olive toast, and a veggie sausage.

I know I didn't necessarily plate the sausage and the toast all that well, but it was a great meal. The olives are an olive tapenade, perfectly salty as a foil for the avocado. Does that mean fatty things on fatty things? Maybe. But it was good.


Lunch was a bento of a meal you've already seen in non-bento form: Lemon couscous, falafel, pita wedges, baba ghanoush, and an arugula salad with tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and kalamata olives and a lemony vinaigrette. I already knew I liked this; it was lovely.


Dinner was leftover pizza pasta with non-dairy Parmesan. This is self-explanatory, but I will say I enjoyed it!


For an evening snack, I made some spice tea with soy milk and had a little cup of Unreal peanut gems.

Not pictured, I also had my usual supplements, which seem to be multiplying: A multivitamin, extra Vitamin D, DHA, and turmeric.

My shoulder kept bothering me off and on after my injury before I added in that daily turmeric capsule, but that has been oddly miraculous. I barely ever notice my shoulder anymore. Go figure.


Comments

  1. I am so with you on summer heat and also stone fruit and berries! I just got myself some peaches, plums and strawberries to ease the over 100 degree daily pain lol. Your meals look absolutely delicious and I will be using this as inspiration for my own meals! Your plating is so beautiful and that monbento is perfectly packed.

    I hope that you find some relief for your shoulder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, yes, eat those berries and stone fruits! They help! I'm so much more of a berry and stone fruit person than a melon person.

      Delete
    2. I love melon but there is no part of me that wants to tackle cutting them up 🤣 the same with pineapple, I just can't be bothered 😂 I just put frozen pineapple in smoothies 🙌🏻

      Delete
    3. Oh, I'll cut up a pineapple! I adore fresh pineapple.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts