Dinner Plate #4

 


Here's a summery plate with minimal stove time (not none, but minimal): my beloved brown rice and zucchini salad with carrots and tahini from Going Solo in the Kitchen (1995), lemon garlic marinated tofu (recipe from Plant Based RD), and Santorini tomato fritters (recipe from VegNews) with non-dairy sour cream.

It's the time of year I want zucchini and tomatoes all the time. Zucchini fritters and tomato salad are classic, but why not flip that script and have zucchini salad and tomato fritters? The fritters here required me to add more dry ingredients, possibly because the tomatoes I had were too juicy, and there are a few other things I'd do to this recipe in the future, but I still enjoyed them with the sour cream.

The salad I have always loved. This time, I used the fancier brown rice I've recently purchased. It did not disappoint--the better rice made a beloved recipe even better!

The tofu recipe is a keeper, too--another of my arsenal of tofu to be eaten after marinating rather than cooked. The cubes turn out a bit like feta. All in all, a delight of a summery meal.

Comments

  1. This looks like am absolutely perfect summer meal and I love how you changed up the tomato and zucchini. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be tired of summer but I've not give up on good food!

      Delete
    2. Summer heat redeems itself with amazing produce! By far the best produce season of the year! 🙌🏻

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts