Low Bowl #8

 


I'm still minimizing how much heat I generate when I cook, so this was a perfect meal: Lemon herb couscous, a simple salad, baba ghanoush, pita wedges, and falafel.

Couscous means one just boils water with salt (or broth) and oil and lets the couscous sit in the hot liquid off heat until it's done. Here, I added finely chopped parsley, basil, and scallions with lemon zest and lemon juice. It's a perfect summer side.

The salad is arugula, cucumber, red onion, tomato, and kalamata olives in a garlicky lemon juice and olive oil dressing. It complemented the other things super well.

The baba ghanoush, pita, and falafel are all grocery store conveniences. I make much better baba ghanoush than this but I didn't have the bandwidth for that this time. The pita is not the dry excuse for flatbread you usually find, but instead pocketless pita, which is more reminiscent of naan. I toasted it and it was perfectly crispy on the outside while soft and fluffy inside. It went well with the baba ghanoush and falafel.

This meal is a bit lighter in protein, so I had peanut butter on a graham cracker and soy milk for dessert.

Comments

  1. (where did you find the soft pita??? I love that stuff at restaurants and have never seen it at a grocery store, but soon, maybe...)(pockety pita: sure, it's functional. But the kind they give you wrapped around falafel: I could eat that stuff all day.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do I get anything? Wegmans! But the brand is Kontos, if that makes any difference. https://kontos.com/product/10015/

      Delete
  2. This bowl looks perfect! This is my favorite kind if meal, mininal fuss and so delicious! And for dipping, fluffy pocketless pita is THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I never bought it before, but now I think I am addicted.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts