Small Bowl #3

 

Sometimes, I just want dumplings. This is an easily veganized vegetarian recipe from Hey Nutrition Lady. It's a flavorful vegetable soup with fluffy herby dumplings, which has some legumes for protein (chickpeas and green peas), and I used soy milk in the dumplings for a bit more. I had everything on hand and desperately needed to use my last potato up, so this was perfect.

Somewhere, I read a tip that if you have leftovers of a soup like this, you should store the dumplings separately from the soup, so I've been doing that, and it really does help! I reheat them separately, too, and I end up getting soup that's just as good the next day.

This meal was a happy one for me. I know I often say things are hard, and they are (what I have tomorrow may have more of that in it), but I remember feeling pretty good when I made this. So here's to good days with good food!

Comments

  1. Omg that looks delicious and so so comforting! I'm glad that you had a good day this day ☺️ when some days are a struggle the good ones mean that much more 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to say more when I have had a good day, because I say so often when I don't! Best to balance that out where possible.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts