Low Bowl #9

 


I have here a chickpea eggplant curry (recipe from May I Have That Recipe?), aloo palak (recipe from Indian Ambrosia), some pita wedges, a sliced Persian cucumber with everything bagel seasoning, and some basmati rice.

I have a problem, in that I want to eat seasonal food, and it is eggplant season, but I also want to avoid the oven, and basically all the eggplant recipes I want to try involve the oven. So this was one of the few that did not require you to roast the eggplant. It was okay; honestly, I think it may have needed some coconut milk or something. But it was tasty enough.

The aloo palak (potatoes and spinach) were pretty good, but I should have added more salt. I don't know if I should have had potatoes, rice, and pita all in one meal, but I do kind of love carbs, so...

My original plan, before I tired myself out, involved a proper Indian cucumber salad, but this works, too. And it's easier!

I'm happy to report that this pita stands in for naan just fine, and probably would do even better if I brushed it with garlic butter. Maybe next time?

Comments

  1. Yummmmm this looks great!! I love eggplant too and have been wanting to make a stir fry with Chinese eggplants but haven't been able to bring myself to stand over the stove 🫣 also, those pitas make excellent pita pizzas if you have a toaster oven. You could even throw some thinly sliced eggplant on the pizzas 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog !! A Very Yummy chickpea eggplant curry!!! WOW Nice Photos to See. I'll Definitely Try it. Thank You for Sharing that Lovely Food.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts