Monbento Square #53 (Double Tier)


On the day I was going grocery shopping, I had a few things in the fridge to use up: An apple and the end of a head of butter lettuce. Well, what better, then, than an apple and butter lettuce salad with some parsley and a basic vinaigrette? I reserved some apple slices to put in to a sandwich made from whole grain toast, almond butter, and sweet potato butter.

The salad was fine, but that sandwich? That sandwich was amazing. I have rarely enjoyed one more. The combination of almond butter and sweet potato butter is one of the best things I've ever put on bread. The apple added a good texture contrast and complemented the flavors.

Comments

  1. I love monbento boxes, they are so great! That sandwich sounds incredible! Sweet potato butter?! That sounds like sorcery, I need to find it so I can try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem like sorcery, right? I found this in a local store near me: https://www.braswells.com/product/BS_Sweet_Potato_Butter

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts