Low Bowl #10

 


I didn't have time to make brown rice, so here we're back to Calrose (which is delicious). It's served here with gochujang mushrooms (recipe from Budget Bytes), Korean carrot salad (recipe from Lavender and Macarons), a little bitty miso peanut butter roasted eggplant half (recipe from Healthy Living James), and soy curls and green bean stir fry (recipe from Simply Veganized).

The answer to the "all the eggplant recipes I want to make in eggplant season need an oven but it's summer" problem is to buy little bitty eggplants and roast them in the toaster oven. I really enjoyed this recipe, especially because it was so easy--just cut the eggplant, sauce it up, and let it bake. And the flavor of that miso-peanut butter sauce is amazing.

The mushrooms and the carrots are an evergreen favorite; few things are ever so delicious.

It's also green bean season, so I bought a healthy amount of them last time I was at the market. This soy curls recipe is pretty good, too, though I had some trouble with the soy curls sticking to my pan--I really should just use nonstick for soy curls, but I never learn my lesson. The flavor of the sauce was great, though, and I'd probably try making this again with a nonstick pan to see if I had more success.

Comments

  1. Ahhhhhh omg yessss this looks delicious! I need to try that eggplant recipe, I never thought of using peanut sauce on an eggplant! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also got a big bag of green beans yesterday!

      Delete
    2. I love eggplant in African peanut stew, so it was promising anyway!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts