Happy Jackson Snack Boxes #2

Rice with salmon furikake, leftover apple bourbon pork tenderloin (from the freezer), cucumber-carrot salad with honey-sesame dressing, spinach and tomatoes sauteed with garlic, mango chunks, and chunks of blood and regular oranges.

If you don't want to buy special lunch boxes--something people have remarked on quite a bit when they see what I pack--you can just use other containers and silicone baking cups, and pack stuff tightly. This is not something I'm super skilled at yet, but this was a pretty impressive little meal, and I was pleased. (Of course, these are the "Happy Jackson" boxes, so I did buy them for packing purposes, but if you don't need bright colors and lids that say things like "YAY! LEFTOVERS!" any random plastic container will probably work if it's the right size.)

Also, to all you single people out there, don't fear cooking a pork tenderloin and saving your leftovers in the freezer. When I cooked the original one, I sliced off some for leftovers after the first dinner, then left the rest uncut (about half), wrapped it in foil, stuck a label on it, and put it in a freezer bag. I could swear that the freezer actually improved it, but that might be because I forgot how nice it was in the first place. I'd never tried this before, but it worked out really, really well.

Also, this means that if you live in a snowy place, you can stock up in the fall and have homemade food to eat throughout the winter whether or not the stores are places you want to go.

Comments

Popular Posts