Temari Rabbit 2-Tier Bento #66

Lately things have been going wrong, in terms of proper grocery shopping. Between horrible weather and horrible headaches (I've recently been diagnosed with ocular migraines--mine come with no headache sometimes, and sometimes with headaches, and sometimes with flattening-me-out headaches, and it seems I have had an inordinate number of late), the grocery store just isn't high on my priority list. Fortunately, I've learned to adapt, and my larder is at the ready with occasional drug store supplementation.

And so: garlic peas, a fancy chocolate truffle-thing I bought myself for Valentine's Day, orange slices, water crackers, a cream cheese spread I improvised, and smoked trout.

This cream cheese spread is great on its own with crackers, or English muffins, or toast, or what have you, and smoked trout brings it up to rapturous levels of joy. So here you are:

Onion & Chives Cream Cheese Spread for One
Serves: One

1 small slice red onion, minced
About 1 tablespoon chopped chives, with some set aside for garnish
Splash lemon juice
1 drop Worcestershire sauce (optional)
2-3 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients except the chives garnish. Put in whatever you're going to serve it in, then garnish with chopped chives.

Comments

Popular Posts