Monbento Original #48 (Double Tier)

 


This was a lot of food, because I had an appointment right after work and needed a big lunch to tide me over until dinner: A broccoli-apple-sunflower seed salad I made up, some mini peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets, a spinach and mushroom quiche I made from JUST Egg, a little cup of Bac'n bits to add to my salad when ready to eat (so they'd stay crunchy), a couple of dark chocolate sunflower butter cups, and chunks of avocado and chopped tomato with salt and pepper.

This salad was so good! Don't worry, I wrote down the recipe and will happily share someday. The flavors went so well together.

I had some trouble with the quiches because I didn't think it through and didn't really budget adequate time to make them over the weekend, and I ended up dealing with them later in the evening than planned. But they, too, were utterly delicious, and I'm really glad I did make them.

This is in some respects a diffuse protein sources meal--there is JUST Egg in the quiche, peanut butter hidden in the pretzels, sunflower seeds and Bac'n bits (TVP) in the salad, sunflower seed butter in the chocolates, and, of course, there are the glories of a protein-heavy veggie (broccoli) and a protein-heavy fruit (avocado).

I want to give you the recipe for the quiches soon; they're easy, but you just need to make sure you budget enough time to make them. (There is freezing-the-shells and baking-the-shells and baking-the-whole-pie going on, so it's hand's off-time, but you need to give yourself time.)

Comments

  1. What a fun looking lunch. I look forward to seeing your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice meal! I need to be better about more complete meals. I tend to do a bowl or a large side as my meal most of the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts