Sequestration Meal #381

 


Although the broccoli was looking a tiny bit sad at this point, I was not giving in and going to the store, no way. So I made a freezer feast: Gardein fishless filets (they are now calling them "f'sh" and I...can't adjust) in a homemade orange sauce, said broccoli (the only fresh component here, really), a Wegmans vegetable egg roll, and a bit of Trader Joe's Japanese-style fried rice.

I love these fishless filets (or "f'sh" filets, whatever), but I usually have them in predictable ways, with tartar sauce and rice pilaf. So this time I tried more of an Asian style sauce. It was good, but would have been better with soy curls or tofu. I probably should have gone with tartar sauce; all those Japanese bento-making videos are perpetually including tartar sauce if they include fried fish. But I did also have some orange juice to use up and I thought the sauce would also go well with the egg roll (which was true).

Stay safe out there. It's not easy to know what to do these days.

Comments

  1. F'sh? They are out of control. Fishless was fine. Vegan companies seem to be trying to outdo themselves with silly spellings sometimes. I recently saw some Beeph strips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They changed beefless tips to "b'ef tips." They are indeed out of control! Especially since "b'ef" would be pronounced to rhyme with "teff"! So silly. But still tasty.

      Delete
    2. Well this plate looks great! I would have never known you were getting low on pantry items! You are totally ROCKING it!

      Delete
    3. Thanks. It's a skill I was forced to develop, but it has served me well.

      Delete
    4. OMG, b'ef just made me laugh out loud!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts