Sequestration Meal #379

 


I wanted to make Italian wedding soup, so I gave it a shot. My pasta was alphabets and my meatballs were large frozen ones (Wegmans Don't Have a Cow), so it didn't work all that well, but it tasted good. Maybe I made meatball alphabet soup?

This was actually leftovers of the soup, but I made a fresh cornbread muffin to go with it. Although you might think of the cornbread as a side, as with a lot of soup meals I eat, most of the calories here actually come from the bread. Even if I just want soup, I have to be careful to make sure I eat enough, and it can be hard to get quite enough if I have soup. So one needs bread. But these cornbread muffins from Minimalist Baker never fail me. The recipe is perfect and also the perfect size! I got three muffins out of this, baked in ramekins. (Also, how great is it to bake muffins in ramekins? It feels so elegant.) It would probably make 4-5 standard sized muffins, though, since my ramekins are a bit larger than a muffin cup typically would be.

I stuck the other muffins in the freezer because this was the last of the soup. I've been sticking things in the freezer a lot more lately; it's one of the ways I prepare for whatever weird apocalypse comes next.

Comments

  1. 'Whatever weird apocalypse comes next'... that is pretty much the mood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm not sure a freezer full of cornbread and lentil curry is going to help with zombies, sadly.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts