Sequestration Meal #383

 


I will go to the store soon. I promise. Meanwhile, I had some of the sage cashew cream left over after I finished off the butternut squash from Christmas, so I mixed it with some canned pumpkin and some seasonings (onion powder, garlic powder, seasoning salt, and black pepper) to make a sauce for the end of a package of pappardelle. I topped it off with Violife Parmesan and dried parsley.

This was just okay. The sauce tasted fantastic until I put it on pasta. I could have happily eaten a bowl of it, but weirdly, it didn't really go with pasta. But that's life. I added some garlic salt and ate it, and kept myself isolated a little bit longer.

Edited later to add: I'm having a bit of a season I can only describe as not doing well; I may not post a lot next week. But rest assured I'm still here and eating. I have been to the grocery store (a tough experience, honestly) and am trying to figure out the best measures for self-preservation I can exercise in the coming days. None of this is easy, especially when it seems like everybody just gave up. Take care of yourselves.

Comments

  1. You know where to reach me if there is anything I can do. Thinking of you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately I still have the weekend! Thanks for your support.

      Delete
  2. it is a scary world now. pray you stay safe in the coming days. do try to rest and eat.

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you! Hope you are ok! Swing by if you want to chat. Your dish looks yummy and I LOVE sauce leftovers! I hope you were able to go to the store. I broke down and went on Friday but I got a mish mash of things and realized there was no real rhyme or reason to what I bought so I'm sort of in the same boat. Should make for some interesting or not so interesting eats. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I went to the store, and I'm now enjoying all the fresh food! Well, sort of. I'm still stressed. But at least I'm stressed with fresh tomatoes and avocados.

      Delete
    2. Fresh Tomatoes and Avocados usually make many things better :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts