Sequestration Meal #375

 


Although I didn't have burgers to go with my leftover gravy for the bangers and mash I'd made, I did have some frozen Wegmans Don't Have a Cow meatballs in my freezer, so I simmered the meatballs in the gravy and had that alongside my beloved zucchini, squash, and tomatoes and some leftover macaroni and cheese and broccoli I'd tried that had disappointed me.

This was good! The gravy was perfectly delicious anyway and it also rescued the pasta. I really should have trusted my instincts on the pasta--it just wasn't a good sauce, because it was just very lightly seasoned cashews and potatoes, ultimately. It was a good texture, but it needed a lot more flavor. I know how to make an amazing cashew cream sauce, and this was not it. I don't understand why the original recipe blog post had so many responses along the lines of "OH THIS IS AMAZING THANK YOU SO MUCH" but I will be grateful that those people have something they like and won't overthink it.

And fortunately, since this pasta might as well be plain anyway, it goes with everything now! So bring on the gravy!

Comments

  1. I know what you are saying! A good sauce does wonders sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simmering meatballs in gravy sounds totally amazing! Glad it helped out with the pasta as well.

    I veganised a pasta recipe not too long ago using soy cream in the sauce and I realised... wow... like people are out here just making sauce out of barely seasoned cream? No thank you. Maybe that is what those other people were looking for who liked that very bland sounding sauce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least at some points in my life, when I have had to eat very bland food, I would be grateful for bland recipes--but at those points I would have had to avoid fat, too, so cashews would be right out. I don't know. It takes all kinds and I won't judge, but I will season my food more than that on my own!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts