Monbento Original #64 (Double Tier)

 


I had been meaning to try a recipe for cucumber apple salad with sweet and sour dressing for a while (I subbed in some agave for the honey), and I had some leftovers on hand that presented the perfect opportunity. Thus, I had said salad with pickled red cabbage with sesame seeds, steamed rice with seasoned laver, and leftover ketchup-glazed tofu.

This was delightfully cheerful! It was both colorful and tasty. I did need to double the dressing in the salad because it didn't make very much, but that was easily done. I always appreciate a salad that veers away from the whole leafy green thing. I like lettuce sometimes, just not as much as some people.

Comments

  1. The salad sounds very refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am somehow really into cucumbers as an adult! It still somewhat surprises me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts