Sequestration Meal #581

 


Still feeling lethargic, I needed something pretty easy, but I still wanted to cook. Bring in the protein-infused penne pasta with miso carrot sauce (sauce recipe from Feasting at Home). 

The original recipe had toppings I did not make, but I did sprinkle on some chives for a bit of greenery. I absent-mindedly chose the wrong measuring cup and put in double the cashews here, but it still had a wonderful carrot-heavy flavor with savory miso notes, so I didn't mess things up so much. Knowing how I felt when I made this, I consider this an unquestionable, resounding success.

Some flaky sea salt finished it off. I am perpetually amazed at what vegans can turn into pasta sauce. So many colors and flavors out there!

Comments

  1. Miso carrot sauce sounds incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!! I hope that you've been doing well! It's been so long and I've missed so much but I'm going to catch up. I've missed you and your blog! <3 This meal looks lovely, gluten free pasta is a go to for me when I am tired but still wanting a decent meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, there! These are the Barilla protein penne, so they still have gluten, but I'd love some recommendations for the other types of pasta--they're so pricey I'm hesitant to try them out, usually, so having a guide would be great.

      I saw on your post that you're now gluten free; I've started tagging my posts with allergen info so you can see when I have gluten free meals. I hope that helps give you ideas.

      Delete
    2. That is amazing, I definitely need some meal inspiration :) I am definitely going to go through the tag, thank you! The pasta I grab nowadays is the gluten free penne from the Walmart brand. It's pretty good, brown rice and quinoa blend, and it's only $2.19. It's not any better or worse than any other gluten free pasta I've tried and wayyyyyy less expensive!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the recommendation! I live in a town without a Wal-Mart (and I'm generally fine with that), but I'll keep it in mind if I ever end up in one.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts