Sequestration Meal #579


 This is a delicious, messy bowl of Calrose rice and African peanut stew (recipe from Making Thyme for Health). 

It was supposed to have long grain brown rice, but at the last minute I rebelled and went with the Calrose. Either would likely be delicious but I was extremely hungry and didn't want to wait to get the brown rice cooked. It was a theory, but because my collards took so long to soften, I could have just made the brown rice. Live and learn.

The recipes I've tried for African peanut stew before have had other veggies, and I think I may have missed the okra a little. This is largely onions, sweet potato, and collards. But it was a really yummy soup, so I won't complain. I topped my stew with finely chopped peanuts, cilantro, and lime juice, then a little flaky salt. 

I was a little worried it might be too spicy because of the jalapeno and cayenne, but it was just right. Another winning day.

Now that the COVID-19 emergency has been officially declared over in the United States, I feel a bit weird about still calling them "Sequestration Meals," but they really are that--and I am not unmasking in public, either. I eat alone, virtually always. 

However, I have been thinking about trying out some new series and naming conventions...we'll see.

Comments

  1. Australia has barely acknowledged that COVID exists for the last 12 months. But I continue to mask when I am out and take precautions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virtually nobody wears a mask anymore locally, but I keep doing it; now, I'm starting to get annoying questions about it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts