Monbento Original #65

 


For some reason, on the day I made this, I was absolutely refusing to make a sandwich. It would have been easier to make a sandwich, and to eat a sandwich. I just...was not going to do it. So.

This is a salad inspired by a recipe I found at Feasting at Home. My version consisted of spinach, red onion, blackberries, some vegan feta I had on hand, slivered almonds, fresh basil from my window plant, and a balsamic vinaigrette made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, and salt and pepper. This was delicious; no complaints except that I spilled some salad dressing on my lap when I was eating this in my car and spent the rest of the day trying to cover the stain with my sweater.

With that, I had a clementine, segmented, and some spicy peanut dip I made to go with some veggie dippers (bell pepper, carrot sticks, and cucumber). The dip was just peanut butter, soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce, but it was so good. I would definitely do that again!

Comments

  1. Sometimes a sandwich just won't cut it. Love what you came up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always understand my impulses, but the food is good!

      Delete
  2. This meal.is so beautiful and colorful. The peanut dipping sauce sounds perfect, peanut sauce is always an amazing choice. I loved my Monbento lunch box but it didn't make it here with me 😫 I should ask my mom to send it! This meal looks fresh and delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts