Sequestration Meal #572

 


Over the weekend, it was chilly and rainy again and the oven called to me. So here is a baked feast: Baked tofu (recipe from A Virtual Vegan), roasted radishes and asparagus with maple mustard dressing (recipe from Veggie Desserts), and crispy smashed potatoes (recipe from Cookie and Kate).

There were a few minor tweaks here; I didn't bother to roast any spring onions with my asparagus and radishes, and I had to pull the asparagus out a bit early because it cooked so much faster than the radishes. But otherwise I followed the directions.

This is a messy plate, but everything was delicious. I loved the ketchup-heavy glaze on the tofu, and let's face it, ketchup doesn't get nearly as much love as it should. I also loved that I didn't have to press the tofu first.

I loved the colors of the asparagus and radishes, which were so good in that maple mustard dressing, too. I probably could have used the dressing as the glaze for the tofu if I'd thought of it, but it worked out.

In the future, I don't think I'm that likely to make smashed potatoes, because potatoes are already delicious without as much effort and if I'm putting in that effort and turning the oven on I'm more likely to have scalloped potatoes, but I am still glad I tried them. And having fresh herbs in my window (keep your fingers crossed that the aphids won't invade!) elevated their potato goodness even more.

This meal really felt like spring. I am not excited about the hot weather coming, but I am at least a little bit excited about the new seasonal produce that will be coming. In the in-between time, some fresh veggies roasted in the oven are a perfect transition.

Comments

  1. I love roasted radishes! Also definitely making a note of that tofu recipe because my mother is a ketchup fiend! I very much enjoy ketchup, but she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very fond of ketchup, though it seems like I go long seasons forgetting about it altogether!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts