Sequestration Meal #637

 


Here's one of my more unusual kitchen adventures: A bowl with steamed white rice, watermelon rind and carrot stir fry in peanut butter sauce (recipe from Garlic Head), miso peppers and onions (recipe from Just Bento Cookbook (2010)), and an Asian-style cucumber salad (recipe roughly following this one from Farah J. Eats).

I don't know what has compelled me to start eating watermelon rind, but it's been delightful! Of course, most things are delightful in peanut sauce, to be fair. But to use something most people throw out and make it the star of the show is pretty cool, and to have it turn out so well is especially cool. It has shades of cauliflower leaf stir fry. It makes me feel like I know a secret nobody else knows.

Though the peanuts did contribute protein to the meal, to add a little more I made this pepper and onion dish with miso. Both the miso and sesame seeds help me layer protein in. This is a really good recipe--quick and delicious, but also pretty darn gorgeous. I would make it again, easily!

I was skeptical of adding as much sugar as the recipe asked in the cucumber salad, but it turned out to be absolutely amazing, with an addictive quality I can't describe--sweet, salty, and spicy; it was so perfect with everything else here.

Comments

Popular Posts