What I Ate in a Day #31 (Low Spend Month Version)

 As I look back over the photos I took during the month of August, I am honestly amazed at what I accomplished. Things got harder toward the end, emotionally and otherwise, but still, things went really well at times. The day before grocery shopping (a trip in which I was much more relaxed about what I was spending--a back-to-normal sort of grocery day) was this one.


This is a soy latte made from Pero (an instant grain coffee) and a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich. The "jelly" was the end of a jar of Bonne Maman strawberry preserves, my absolute favorite, so this was delicious.


For lunch, I had the end of my leftover pasta, which I turned into a pasta salad by adding some mayo, sliced Spanish olives, and a sprinkling of parsley, and some leftover tofu. It was delicious and made leftovers into something fresh and new.


For dinner, photographed in the less appealing evening light (sorry about that), I have a naan pizza with the end of the pizza sauce I'd made, the very last dregs of my non-dairy mozzarella, the end of my free peperoni, some Spanish olives, and some non-dairy Parmesan. This is served alongside a truly inspired salad of romaine (the very last bit of romaine, from the innermost heart), red onion, sliced dill pickles, some French fried onions, and homemade ranch. It may sound a bit weird but this was great. The pickles and fried onions gave it some crunch and went well with the tangy dressing.

Not pictured, I had my usual mutivitamin and an algae-based DHA supplement, some herbal tea, a handful of chocolate chips, and the last bit of a bag of crystallized ginger.

And after I emerged victorious over the month, I looked forward to fresh fruit and such again. I'm sure it will make for more interesting reading. But I hope that taking you along through this spartan August has given you ideas, too. I'll be back soon with something delicious.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts