Sequestration Meal #639

 


Easy and delightful: Some chickpea "rice" (Banza chipotle flavored), doctored-up canned refried beans, avocado, homemade fresh pico de gallo, Mexican mushrooms (per my usual go-to recipe at Muy Delish), some Tofutti sour cream, and a quesadilla (just a tortilla and some vegan cheddar shreds).

I am still exploring the world of faux rices made from beans, even though I am very obviously not eating a low carb diet. I just love getting the protein boost every now and then. This one was fine, though it got a bit stuck together. It was not as good as homemade Spanish rice would have been, but the effort was so much less and we only have so many hours in a day. I'm happy to keep trying such things.

All of this was wonderful; honestly, you keep seeing a version of this meal so most of you probably didn't even click on it. You know where my comfort zone is. Nothing wrong with a comfort zone, of course!

Comments

  1. I see lots of bean pastas here, but I am not sure if I have ever seen been rice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think bean rice seems more like pasta than rice (i.e., orzo), but ultimately it works so I'm not too concerned. I will embrace anything that means I can rebel against having a protein main--since sometimes I can't work up an appetite for one anyway.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts