Sequestration Meal #108

Leftover lemon parsley rice tastes more of lemon than parsley, and so I decided having some other herbs compete with it wouldn't be a problem, and so my leftover rice and squash got a main dish I used to have as an omnivore, tarragon chicken.

The basic outlines are easy with a Don't Be Chicken cutlet (or whatever vegan chicken cutlet you use; I've begun contemplating whether I should attempt making my own someday rather than relying on the frozen stuff) and the sauce from Eating Well Serves Two (2006). It's a lovely, tarragon-[tofu] sour cream-dijon mustard sauce that went really well with the lemony flavored rice. If I have the ingredients on hand, I will definitely be making this again!

Comments

  1. Oh, that does sound lovely! I rarely cook with tarragon, and anytime I want it I never seem to be able to find it! So if I do see it ever I will chop up the leaves and freeze it for those recipes in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use dried tarragon here. I don't know if you would be able to find that, either, though.

      Delete
    2. Oh, dry tarragon is easy to get!

      Delete
    3. Come to think of it, I have no idea where I'd get fresh tarragon around here anyway during a pandemic!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts