Sequestration Meal #91

My neighbor gave me some multi-colored tortilla chips she had because of an ingredient she saw she didn't think she could eat. What do do, then, but to make nachos?

The cheese is a cashew-based cheese sauce I adapted from this recipe at The Real Food Dieticians. It was not exactly cheesy, but it tasted good--essentially, it's my usual potato-carrot cheese but with some tomatoes and canned green chiles blended in, too. I also had some jackfruit carnitas in the fridge, some olives, and some scallions. I forgot I also had Tofutti sour cream until I'd started eating, but I can assure that although it was not pictured it was a lovely addition.

Comments

  1. I've been thinking a lot about nachos lately. I really need to get on that. The colourful corn chips are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were corn and veggie chips and they had flavors that made them weird to me to eat them alone--the green ones have spinach in them, for example--but they were great as nachos.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts